This class is designed to familiarize potential users with the Zeiss 880 confocal microscope and the ZEN software. Topics covered also include basic optics concepts such as wide field vs confocal imaging, resolution, resolution vs detection, the role of wavelength and/or lens choice on resolution and imaging, standard vs GaAsP (high-sensitivity) detectors.
These lectures are held once a month, given mostly by Core Co-Director, Lee Cohen-Gould.
WHEN: Third Wednesday of the month
WHAT TIME: 2-4 pm
WHERE: A106, 1300 York Avenue
To sign up, please email Lee Cohen-Gould (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ongoing Education and Consultation
The Core Directors are available for one-on-one consultation and assistance at all levels of the microscopy enterprise, including:
* experimental strategy, optimal dyes, best dishes or animal holding chambers
* individual or small group training for independent image acquisition
* assistance with acquisition setup for complex experiments to ensure the best possible data acquisition
* assistance with image acquisition
* developing image analysis strategies and training on relevant software
* assisted image analysis
* assisted or independent tissue processing and staining for electron microscopy and histology